Fee Schedule and Payment Information
Chengelo is a non-profit making organisation. The term fees go towards the running costs of the school. Term fees are invoiced in Kwacha and are sent out to parents at the end of the previous term and must be paid in full by the first day of term.
The 2023 Chengelo School fees are as follows:
|Termly (ZMW)||Annual (ZMW)|
|Pre-School 3 days||5,370||16,110|
|Pre-School 5 days||8,790||26,370|
|Primary (G1-7) Daily||33,550||100,650|
|Primary (G1-7) Weekly||45,550||136,650|
|Primary (G1-7) Termly||53,520||160,560|
- These fees are inclusive of all tuition costs and curriculum activities including sports and Ndubaluba.
- Separate charges exist for examination fees, uniform, medical, breakages, interest, arrears and some non-compulsory extracurricular trips and activities.
- For those pupils in examinations classes exam fees will be invoiced at the end of Term 1 and must be settled before the examinations are sat.
- Fees are reviewed on a regular basis and are subject to change. Parents should expect an annual fee increase of no less than the published inflation rate.
- Failure to settle accounts after a pupil leaves will regrettably result in legal action.
- If a pupil is withdrawn from the school, any outstanding balance on their account will be transferred to the account of any sibling who remains in the school.
Kindly note the enrolment fees for students joining the school in 2024 are as below:
|Primary Termly||K32, 500|
|Sixth Form||K20, 500|
- The enrolment fee is a non-refundable deposit payable on accepting a place, which goes toward the capital expenditure of the school.
- Discounts are available for early payment of enrolment fees as follows:
- Payment before 30th April: 25% discount
- Payment before 31st July: 20% discount
- Payment before 30th September: 15% discount
The following applies to the payment of school fees:
Fees must be paid in full before the start of each term, unless prior agreement has been given from the Finance Manager. Payment should be made by bank transfer or by deposit into the following accounts:
- FNB Kwacha account no. 62537542012, sort code 262319
- FNB Dollar account no. 62537543234, sort code 262319
- Stanbic Kwacha account no 9130002723046, sort code 042308
A card machine is available for card payments. We will not accept cash payments. Payments made in foreign currencies will be converted to the Kwacha equivalent on the date of receipt.
We appreciate that some of you make incredible sacrifices in order to send your children to Chengelo. We are prepared to allow parents in this situation to pay the school fees by installments but this must be requested well in advance to the Finance Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment plan applications must be received at least 7 working days before the start of term. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
- A payment plan will not be considered unless all outstanding fees from the previous term have been cleared.
- Students in exam classes must have all their fees cleared in full before they are admitted in school for term three. There are no payment plans available in term three for students in examination classes.
- There is a 5% interest charge for any agreed payment date or post-dated cheque which is deferred. Interest only applies to payment for school fees, not incidentals which have been built up during the term.
- Parents who default on their payment commitment for two consecutive terms will no longer be eligible for payment plans.