Fee Schedule and Payment Information
Chengelo is a non-profit making organisation. The term fees go towards the running costs of the school. Term fees are invoiced in Kwacha and are sent out to parents at the end of the previous term and must be paid in full by the first day of term. Separate Kwacha invoices will be issued for incidentals including uniform, medical, breakages, interest, arrears. For those in examinations classes exam fees will be invoiced at the end of Term 2 and must be settled before the examinations are sat. Fees are reviewed on a regular basis and are subject to change. Parents should expect an annual fee increase of no less than the published inflation rate.
The 2022 Chengelo School fees are as follows:
|Termly (ZMW)||Annual (ZMW)|
|Pre-School 3 days||4,880||14,640|
|Pre-School 5 days||7,991||23,973|
|Primary (G1-7) Daily||30,500||91,500|
|Primary (G1-7) Weekly||41,404||124,212|
|Primary (G1-7) Termly||48,648||145,943|
- These fees are inclusive of all tuition costs and include all curriculum activities. Separate charges exist for Examination fees, Music Lessons and some non-compulsory extra curriculum trips.
- The enrolment fee is a non-refundable deposit payable on accepting a place, which goes toward the capital expenditure of the school.
** Examination fees for IGCSE and A-levels will be billed as an extra.
Kindly note the 2023 enrolment fees as below:
|Primary Daily||K18, 300|
|Primary Weekly||K24, 800|
|Primary Termly||K29, 000|
|Sixth Form||K18, 500|
We will maintain discounts on enrolment fees as usual:
- 25% if paid by 30th April
- 20% if paid by 31st July
-15% if paid by 30th September.
- Where the full year’s fees are paid in advance of Term 1 the student will receive a discount of 5%.
- Where more than one family member attends the school, a 5% reduction in fees is given to the second child and 10% to any subsequent children.
Fees must be paid in full before the start of each term, unless prior agreement has been given from the Finance Manager. Payment should be made by bank transfer or by deposit into the following accounts:
- FNB Kwacha account no. 62537542012, sort code 262319
- FNB Dollar account no. 62537543234, sort code 262319
- UK Barclays Bank Pounds Sterling account 10251917, sort code 201334
Payments made in foreign currencies will converted to the Kwacha Equivalent on the date of receipt under bank details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you can't find an answer below, please feel free to get in touch via our contact page.
Are there assisted places or bursaries available at Chengelo?
Yes, Chengelo does have a number of assisted places available. To find out more, please get in touch via our Contact Page.
Am I able to make monthly payments toward fees?
Yes, please contact our Finance Manager to set up a payment schedule for your fees.
What discounts are available?
Where the full year’s fees are paid in advance of Term 1 the student will receive a discount of 5%. Where more than one family member attends the school, a 5% reduction in fees is given to the second child and 10% to any subsequent children.
Can I pay school fees using a credit/debit card?
A card machine is available for Visa or Mastercard payments.