Fee Schedule and Payment Information
Chengelo is a non-profit making organisation. The term fees go solely towards the running costs of the school. All development work is funded by donation and the enrolment fees.
Term fees are invoiced in Kwacha and are sent out to parents at the end of the previous term and must be paid in full by the first day of term. Separate Kwacha invoices will be issued for incidentals including uniform, medical, breakages, interest, arrears. For those in examinations classes exam fees will be invoiced at the end of Term 2 and must be settled before the examinations are sat.
Please note that as of 2021 school fees will be charged as per the table below:
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
|40% of annual fees||40% of annual fees||20% of annual fees|
The 2021 Chengelo School fees are as follows:
|2021 School Fees per Term (Term 1)
Fees per Term
Fees per Term (Term 3)
|Pre-School 3 mornings a week||K4,800||K4,800||K2,400|
|Pre-School 5 mornings a week||K7,860||K7,860||K3,930|
|Primary (Grades 1-7) Daily||K30,000||K30,000||K15,000|
|Primary (Grades 1-7) Weekly Boarding||K40,725||K40,725||K20,363|
|Primary (Grades 1-7) Termly Boarding||K47,850||K47,850||K23,925|
|Secondary (Form 1-5) Full Boarding||K59,925||K59,925||K29,963|
|Sixth Form (Full Boarding)||K69,900||K69,900||K34,950|
- These fees are inclusive of all tuition costs and include all curriculum activities. Separate charges exist for Examination fees, Music Lessons and some non-compulsory extra curriculum trips.
- The enrollment fee is a non-refundable deposit payable on accepting a place, which goes toward the capital expenditure of the school.
** Examination fees for IGCSE and A-levels will be billed as an extra.
Kindly note the 2022 enrolment fees as below:
|Primary Daily||K15 000|
|Primary Weekly||K20 300|
|Primary Termly||K24 000|
|Sixth Form||K15 000|
We will maintain discounts on enrolment fees as usual:
- 25% if paid by 30th April
- 20% if paid by 31st July
-15% if paid by 30th September.
- Where the full year’s fees are paid in advance of Term 1 the student will receive a discount of 5%.
- Where more than one family member attends the school a 5% reduction is given to each additional child, to a maximum 10% discount applied to each further child.
Fees must be paid in full before the start of each term, unless prior agreement has been given from the Finance Manager. Payment should be made by bank transfer or by deposit into the following accounts:
- FNB Kwacha account no. 62537542012, sort code 262319
- FNB Dollar account no. 62537543234, sort code 262319
- UK Barclays Bank Pounds Sterling account 10251917, sort code 201334
Payments made in foreign currencies will converted to the Kwacha Equivalent on the date of receipt under bank details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you can't find an answer below, please feel free to get in touch via our contact page.