Chengelo Training Farm (CTF) is located in Mkushi, Zambia and was set up in 1994 with three main purposes: to serve Chengelo School with fresh produce and train pupils and local farmers in agriculture skills.
The farm currently comprises of a dairy, piggery, layers unit, vegetable garden, orchard and a butchery. A training centre has recently been built, providing an excellent venue for agricultural training and discipleship courses. CTF has three training focus areas.
Firstly, to up-skill and help farmers and farm workers develop by providing training courses for them to attend.
Secondly, to assist Chengelo School to deliver an outstanding learning experience in agriculture for pupils.
Thirdly, the farm is a base for Foundations Zambia, a ministry that aims to disciple the poor in biblical principles of farming, family and finance.
This position is accountable to the CTF steering committee to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing existing operations, working with the Production Manager and Finance Manager to grow the farm to a financially self-sustaining level
- Developing and marketing an excellence programme of skill courses for local farmers and farm workers that meets the needs of agriculture in Zambia.
- Developing new enterprises or products relevant to our local agricultural sector and doing research and development to serve farmers with new knowledge.
- Taking the lead on investing in the spiritual health of our farm employees.
- Managing relationships with Chengelo School, suppliers, customers and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should have a mature Christian faith and experience of Christian service with their local church or a mission organisation. They would have agricultural training and business management experience. Strong leadership and administrative skills. If the candidate is married, there may also be serving opportunities for the spouse on the farm or at Chengelo School (www.chengeloschool.org)
Support: Self-funded missionary position. Housing provided.
Applications: Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com. For further information contact Ben Frampton on the same email address.