POSITION: Head of Sixth Form
START DATE: April/ September, 2021
DATE ADVERTISED: January, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28th February 2021
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time / 2 Years
JOB DESCRIPTION: Download Here
- Come and be part of an exciting team with a history of outstanding results.
- Join a Christian School whose vision is to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia.
- Be part of a boarding school and unique surrounding community with excellent accommodation, sporting facilities, a school farm, clinic, and outstanding outdoor education centre. It is a wonderful place to raise a family!
- Share in our School Core values which are Faith, Integrity, Servant heartedness, Perseverance, Creativity, and Responsibility.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team in an expanding school. Chengelo School looks for committed Christians; passionate about their faith, passionate about teaching children who demonstrate perseverance and have a track record of success. As the leading Independent boarding School in Zambia, we are committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. We are looking for a passionate and skilful teacher with exceptional leadership and management skills in order to build on the success of the Sixth Form and the school in recent years.
- Staff who work at Chengelo do so out of a sense of calling and are paid at good local Zambian rates.
- Accommodation on site, discounted school fees, main meal during term time, local medical cover, transport home every two years.
- Chengelo has an excellent track record for training and development of its staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Applicants must possess a relevant degree and a teaching qualification.
- Applicants must be licensed teachers
- Experience of delivering the Cambridge IGCSE and A-level course, or similar, is desirable.
- Experience working with/ teaching diverse groups/ diverse students.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES
- Committed Christian looking to serve with a vision for Christian Leadership
- Understand and support the Christian ethos of our School, including the spiritual development of the pupils and the school’s role within the community.
- Evidence of working effectively with HoDs, Senior Leadership Team, staff and parents.
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
For further details including job specifications and an application form please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
Please note that we do not accept CVs only, you will have to fill in our online application on our website. We will not consider an application if the form has not been filled in.
For queries please email email@example.com.