POSITION: Head of Secondary
START DATE: May / September, 2023
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time / 2 Years
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION: Click here to Download
Come and be part of an exciting team with a history of outstanding results.
Join a Christian School whose vision is to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia. Be part of a boarding school and unique surrounding community with excellent accommodation, sporting facilities, a school farm, clinic, and outstanding outdoor education centre. It is a wonderful place to raise a family!
Share in our School Core values which are Faith, Integrity, Servant heartedness, Perseverance, Creativity, and Responsibility.
The Head of Secondary is to take full responsibility for the running of the Secondary School. This means ensuring the provision of world class education for pupils, with a strong commitment to spiritual, character, and leadership development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team in an expanding school. Chengelo School looks for committed Christians; passionate about their faith, passionate about teaching children who demonstrate perseverance and have a track record of success. As the leading Independent boarding School in Zambia, we are committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
Staff who work at Chengelo do so out of a sense of calling and are paid at good local Zambian rates; accommodation on site; discounted school fees; main meal during term time; local medical cover; transport home every two years; gratuity payment at the end of contract.
Chengelo has an excellent track record for training and development of its staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- A record of good academic achievement including a relevant honours degree (2.1 or above)
- PGCE/QTS or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Experience of strategic leadership.
- Experience working with/ teaching diverse groups/ diverse students
- Experience of staff training.
- Working in a multicultural environment is an added advantage
- International experience would be desirable
- Committed Christian
- High levels of personal and professional integrity, honesty, energy, stamina and enthusiasm
- Commitment to excellence in academics, pastoral care and student enrichment
- Personal warmth, good rapport with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, to show initiative and imagination, to have vision and the ability to inspire and lead others
- A willingness to give generously to support school events and activities
- Appropriate levels of personal presentation
- Confident use of ICT
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Excellent knowledge of a relevant curriculum
- Evidence of a creative and innovative approach to teaching and learning including the appropriate use of ICT
- Commitment to monitoring, evaluating, and improving teaching and learning
- Experience in teacher and leadership training
- Experience in a Boarding School setting, preferably in an African setting
- Evidence of a clear understanding of the needs of young people and how a school’s pastoral care system meets those needs
- Commitment to monitoring, evaluating, and improving pastoral care systems in a Boarding School
PHILOSOPHY AND ETHOS
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development and conduct
- Commitment to best practice in pastoral support and student welfare
- Commitment to personal development, life-long learning and staff training
- Commitment to helping with extra-curricular activities and curriculum enrichment
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
For further details including job specifications and an application form please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
For queries please email email@example.com.