START DATE: January, 2024
DATE ADVERTISED: 14th November 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28th November, 2023
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time / 2 Years
REPORTS TO: Senior Caterer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Download Here
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Chef to join our Kitchen team. The ideal candidate should be creative, experienced, and able to deliver high-quality dishes while maintaining our high kitchen standards.
The Chef will assist the Senior Caterer in leading a team of kitchen workers; shift supervisors, cooks and cleaners and overseeing the day to day running of the kitchen, including food preparation, cleaning the equipment, checking supplies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare and cook dishes according to menu specifications.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of dishes meet the highest standards.
- Work with the Senior Caterer to develop and create new recipes or menu items
- Supervise kitchen operations, including managing kitchen staff, inventory, and equipment.
- Work with the Senior Caterer to plan menus, control costs, and optimize kitchen operations.
- Handle special dietary requests/needs.
- Ensure compliance with the School’s Health & Safety policy, STS standards and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all Kitchen workers.
- Support the Senior Caterer in the planning and preparing meals for special school functions (e.g. formal meals, selection days, Board meetings, retreats, etc.)
- Undertake such other work as may be requested by the Senior Caterer up to or at a level consistent with the principal duties and responsibilities of the role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a Chef in a similar role.
- Culinary qualification or equivalent certification.
- Proficiency in various cooking techniques and cuisines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and best practices.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
For further details about working at Chengelo, please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
Fill in Application Form for this Role