Our Anniversary Programme
We hope you will enjoy the programme we have arranged for the school's 30th anniversary. Please take a moment to read through the 4 days of planned events and let us know which you plan to attend via our booking form. We look forward to welcoming you to the school!
Once you have decided what you would like to attend, please proceed to filling out the Registration Form.
Thursday 2nd of August 2018
Join us on our Open Day to experience a day at school. Join students for classes, sports, lunch and other activities. Meet the staff and school management. Get to see first-hand what being a part of Chengelo is all about.
- Arrive at the Administration Building for 10.00am
- School Tours
- Stay for lunch at the Library at 13.00hrs (K50.00)
- Attend lessons with students
- Tour of the Chengelo Training Farm
- Walk down to the dam below the school
- Climb up the hill to the cross
- Leave campus for home / your accommodation.
Friday 3rd August 2018 - Activity Day
Join us for a morning full of activities ranging from sports to custard eating, tug-of-war to welly-boot-runs, hill-climbs to kayaking down the furrow! Get back into your old School House colours (T-shirts available) and compete for glory!
- Arrive for 9.00am start at the Grand Stand
- Break for lunch at 13.00hrs at the Dining Room (K50.00)
- Tree Planting Ceremony at 14.00hrs
- An afternoon to catch up with old friends, staff and colleagues or compete against current student teams in football & netball.
- Depart campus at 16.00hrs for dinner.
- Return to the new school hall on campus at 18.30 for the evening's entertainment: iChengelo - A production by Mr. Elton Nyirenda and Rachel Beaumont on the history of the school. A K10 entrance fee will be charge for anyone not already attending the anniversary celebrations. Interval and refreshments included.
- Depart campus by 21.30hrs for your booked accommodation.
Saturday 4th August 2018 - Family Fun Day
Our sports field will have been transformed into a Family Fun Day with market stalls, games, entertainment, music and lots of lots of good food, tasty treats and healthy produce to take home. Hang out in one of several marquees or sit under the shade of a jacaranda and enjoy being back at Chengelo.
At around midday, current students will leave for home and the afternoon will be packed with activities at Ndubaluba. Get ready for kayaking, climbing walls, initiative tests and whatever else Mr. Thompson can dream up!
That evening there will be a celebratory get-together and meal at Ndubaluba
- Arrive for 09.00hrs at the Grand Stand
- Visit the market stalls, enjoy the music and other entertainment and games on the sports fields
- Lunch available at a variety of food stalls on the field - use your ticket from your welcome pack to buy lunch
- Students leave at 12.00hrs
- Leave campus by 14.00hrs for Ndubaluba
- Celebratory get-together and dinner at 19.00hrs at Ndubaluba (K50.00)
Sunday 5th August 2018 - Thanksgiving Service
On this, the final day of the anniversary celebration we will be meeting for a special Thanksgiving Service at 10.00am in the school hall. The speaker will be Richard Thompson. Following the service we will bid farewell to all our visitors and begin planning for the next 30 years!
- Arrive for 10.00hrs at the School Hall
- Stay for coffee/tea after the service at 12.00hrs
- Lunch served in the Dining Room for those who would like it at 13.o0hrs (K50.00)
- Leave campus by 14.00hrs for home.