Where to Stay?
We look forward to hosting you for our 30th anniversary!
As school is in session, Chengelo will not have any accommodation available on-site for the duration of the anniversary celebrations. However, there are three options for accommodation available:
Family or Friends in Mkushi
Stay with family or friends in the Mkushi area. Please book directly with your hosts and ensure that they will be able to provide you with breakfast and dinner each day. Lunch is available each day at the school for K50.00 per meal. Please also ensure you have a means of getting to and from the school each day.
Stay at Ndubaluba
Ndubaluba is our main accommodation centre for the anniversary and as such we will be running a shuttle bus to the school campus and back at key points throughout the day. All booking rates below include dinner and breakfast. Space is limited so book quickly to avoid disappointment. The following options are available:
- 2 x 12 bed male dormitories - single bunkbed - bring own bedding, communal ablutions: K150 per person per day
- 2 x 12 bed female dormitories - single bunkbed - bring own bedding, communal ablutions: K150 per person per day
- Tent sites around the Ndubaluba Grounds - bring own camping gear, tent etc. Communal ablutions: K100 per person per day
Family Chalets [SOLD OUT NOW]
- 3 x Family Chalets available - bring own bedding: K200 per person per day
- 4 x Family Tents available - bring own bedding: K120 per person per day
Please contact Mrs. Charity Chanda via the following details to make a booking. Once your booking is confirmed you will receive a confirmation code to enter into the booking form. Without your confirmation code, your booking is not confirmed.
Mobile Number: (+260) - 968-575269
Landline: (+260) – 215 352259
Lodges or Guesthouses in Mkushi Area
You may book one of the lodges/guesthouses in the Mkushi area via the information below or via their own websites or Facebook pages. Please ensure you book breakfast and dinner (as only lunch is available at the school) and ensure you have arranged transport to and from the school each day.
Location: Along Great North Road. Almost opposite turn off leading to Mkushi town.
Rooms & Rates: 18 rooms in total
- 10 Executive Chalets @ K400
- 5 Twin Rooms @ K300
- 3 Family Rooms @ K350
All rooms are self-contained, have a fridge and TV. Complimentary Continental breakfast is provided for one person in each room. The Lodge has a communal lounge and dining area with TV and a fully stocked bar.
Contact Number: +260 969 914090
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (not very active, better to call)
- 5 En Suite Twin rooms @ K600
- 3 Double Rooms @ K550 single occupancy and K650 double occupancy
- 3 Family Rooms with 3 beds in each @ K700 for a family of 3 or more
- Camping area @K70 per person (capacity of 60+) has a braai facility and an ablution block famous for its piping hot showers
Location: Mkushi town. On Airstrip Road. Behind Chibefwe School
Rooms & Rates: 28 rooms in total
- 1 Executive Bedroom Suite @ K550
- 1 Executive Bedroom Suite @ K500 (less spacious than K550 room)
- 4 Executive Rooms @ K450
- 11 Executive Rooms @ K350 (less spacious than K450 rooms)
- 11 Ordinary Rooms @ K250
All rooms listed above are self-contained, have a fridge, DStv, coffees and access to the pool. Complimentary Continental breakfast is provided for one person in each room.
Also available but not listed are four ordinary rooms that are not self-contained and share 2 communal bathrooms. Two of these rooms cost K200 and the other two are K150. The Lodge also has a communal lounge and dining area with TV and a fully stocked bar.
Contact Number: +260 966 361206
Contact Email: email@example.com
Location: Mkushi town. Off the Main Road
Rooms & Rates: 18 rooms in total
- 8 Twin Rooms @ K170
- 10 Chalets with Double Bed @ K220
All rooms are self-contained, have a fridge, fan, DStv and access to the swimming pool. The Lodge has a communal lounge and dining area with TV and a fully stocked bar.
Contact Number: +260 962 528371
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Countryside. About twenty minutes (6km) off Great North Road. Same turn off as Ndubaluba
Rooms & Rates: 19 rooms in total
- 1 Suite@ K400 and K500 with an extra bed/double occupancy (Full English breakfast)
- 3 Double Rooms @ K300 and same rate for double occupancy but K400 for an extra bed in one room (Special Continental breakfast)
- 1 Double Room @ K200 and K250 for double occupancy
- 2 Family Rooms @ K300 and K400 for double occupancy (Special Continental breakfast)
- 2 Single Rooms @ K200 (Continental Breakfast)
- 7 Twin Rooms @ K150 and K200 for double occupancy (Continental Breakfast)
All rooms are self-contained, have a fridge and Zuku TV. Complimentary breakfast is provided for one person in each room. The Lodge has a communal lounge and dining area with TV and a fully stocked bar.
Contact Number: +260 954 183250
Contact Email: email@example.com
**Please note that Chengelo School has no affiliation with any of these establishments. Pricing and availability is indicative only and may change at any time. The information here is provided only as a courtesy and bookings are a private arrangement between yourself and the establishment.